Making your own baby wipes is such a simple way to save money and cut out harmful ingredients from your home. They only take less than five minutes to make and cost around 75 cents! They also smell amazing and they leave your skin soft and smelling fresh!
What you’ll need:
- A roll of paper towels (or you can use reusable cloths)
- Boiled water.
- Castile soap or baby shampoo works too.
- Fractionated coconut oil- too help keep your skin from drying out.
- doTERRA Lavender Oil
- doTERRA Eucalyptus Oil
- A storage container or jar with a tight-fitting lid.
How to make wipes:
- You will start by cutting a roll of paper towels in half with a sharp serrated knife. I used a bread knife. It’s best if you use a strong and durable paper towel brand.
- Place the paper towel cut side down into the storage container.
- Boil two cups of water and then let it cool till it’s warm.
- Add in two tablespoons of Castile soap
- Add one tablespoon of fractionated coconut oil
- 2-3 drops of lavender and eucalyptus or tea tree each
- Mix everything together and pour mixture over your paper towel. Let it soak and then take out the cardboard roll and pull out the wipe in the center so it’s ready to go.
Take some wipes out and add them to a travel container for on the go wipes.
These homemade wipes don’t last forever, so it’s a good idea to use them up within 3 weeks or so. Or else they may develop mold after that due to moisture.
Don’t have lavender or eucalyptus oil? You can use these instead:
Roman Chamomile, Wild Orange, Tea Tree or Serenity
It’s best to use doTERRA oils over cheap store bought oils since they are 100% pure and therapeutic grade. Other oils often have fillers and synthetic scents in them, and that is why they are cheaper. If you read the label and it says don’t put it on your body then that is a big warning that you shouldn’t be using those oils at all. doTERRA oils are safe to use topically, aromatically and some can even me taken internally. Want more info about this? Check out this post about my favourite oils here
New to doTERRA? I recommend getting started with this kit. It includes Lavender and Tea Tree mentioned here, and a diffuser. It’s the perfect gift for a new mom or yourself for that matter. Get yours here!
Here is another option which includes all of my favourite oils: Simple Solutions .