Over the summer I took my eldest to WildPlay Maple Ridge for a thrilling treetops adventure. He had a fear of heights before visiting, but over the course of our time there he really overcame it! This past weekend I went back with my husband to try out the Classic Course. I can honestly say that it’s the most fun we’ve had together in years. We loved the Classic Course so much that we decided to attempt the Extreme Course and the WTF (What’s to Fear) Jump and we seriously conquered our fears that day!
Here is what you can expect from each course:
The Kids Course:
- Is good for ages 5-10. Children have to be at least 3’9” tall and 5 years old to participate.
- They can do the course on their own, or a parent can join them. You will have to pay for an adult admission as well if you choose to join them.
- This course has a max height of 15 feet.
- The Kids Course will take 45-90 mins to complete.
- They have two small zip lines, balancing sections, a net and more.
The Classic Course:
- Is good for ages 10 and up. Minimum height is 4’8”
- This course will take 90- 120 mins to complete.
- There are zip lines, drops, nets to climb, balancing areas and much more!
- This course has a max height of 40 feet!
- The Classic Course is also a great day date or birthday present idea.
The Extreme Course:
- This course is definitely very challenging and better suited for adventure seekers 12 years and older. Minimum height is 4’8”.
- Heights of up to 60 feet off the ground, lots of technical challenges, including: multiple zip lines, net areas, a giant swing rope, balancing areas and much more!
- This course will take 30- 60 mins to complete.
There is also the WTF (What’s To Fear) 40 ft jump if you want to add a little more thrill and excitement to your experience.
Tips for a great experience there:
- Bring gloves to save your hands from rope burn! We wore bike gloves that gave us extra grip.
- If you want the park to yourself, book the 10:00 am time slot. We were the first ones there and it wasn’t busy at all.
- If you decide to do the Extreme Course, there is a trick to getting through the hanging nets with ease. Sit in your harness and pull yourself across with the nets. It makes it way easier and will save your arms from exhaustion.
- If you have a fear of heights, have no fear since there are 3 parts to the Classic Course. That way you don’t have to complete the entire course if you don’t feel comfortable with it. It starts off just 6 feet from the ground and slowly gets higher as you start to warm up to it.
Looking to experience WildPlay Elements for yourself? You can use this promo code to get 10% off : BRAVEANDFREE
I’ve included a link to their website for more information about each course and the packages they have available.
WildPlay Maple Ridge is currently open Saturday and Sundays from 10:00 am- 4:00 pm until December 20th.
WildPlay Element Parks COVID-19 protocols:
- Masks are required when putting on equipment, for the briefing. You can take your mask off while on the course only when it’s safe to do so
- Gear and equipment are cleaned throughly
- Hand sanitizer available throughout
- All staff are wearing masks or face shields
- limited spots available each day with specific time slots